Kasey Litt

Kasey Litt

Friday, March 12, 2010

I stayed up way too late last night!

Ok readers - I have to admit that I didn't really do anything creative today.  About 4pm I was going cross-eyed at my desk and I had a killer headache and some weird restless leg stuff going on so I quit working on the paying job.  Maybe it was my lack of sleep last night...or maybe it was that I didn't have any Coke Zero today (ok I broke down later tonight and finally had one) but I could not get creative! 

But...let me tell you about my fun last night.  As I mentioned, I've been collecting packaging and things that I thought I "might" be able to use for creative endeavors.  Last night I took the acrylic packaging from a big shot die and used my five petal punch.  Then I put several of the punched out acrylic flowers into the polka dot embossing folder.  Next I mixed a little bit of gold shimmer with some Close to Cocoa reinking ink and using a sponge dauber painted the shimmer color on the textured side of the flower.  Once it dried, I punched a hole in the middle and using a pink brad attached it to a design I am working on.  It is very cute and my packaging went a long way. 

I will post a photo soon...I forgot to bring the camera down to the craft pit and I was too lazy to go back upstairs to get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment